Sunday 27 October 2013

Bargain Hair Haul

I got 8 products for £8! Or 9 products for £10.99 if you include the hair dye I but that doesn't sound so catchy does it?

How much do I love a bargain? A lot. It doesn't matter who are, I know you love bargains too. I will shamelessly admit that this is my cheap and cheerful haul from the 99p Store, Home Bargains and Pak Cosmetics.
99p Store, Home Bargains and Pak Cosmetics Haul
99p Store, Home Bargains and Pak Cosmetics Haul
Firstly, excuse me while I get this off my chest because I have to address a pressing issue on behalf of my hair: where are the Tresemme Naturals conditioners at? Have they discontinued them? I always stock up when I see them on offer because I love that Tresemme is a high street brand making silicone free conditioners at great value. Recently though I haven't been able to find the Naturals range in Morrisons, Home Bargains, Superdrug or Savers Chemist. Okay maybe I should calm down and search other stores before panic sets in but please hold on while I chew my fingernails nervously and clutch my final bottle of Tresemme. What should I do? I can't substitute this stuff for watery silicone free conditioner *cough* Alberto Balsam *cough*. What's happened, yo?


Garnier Fructis Sleek Shine Repair Shine Schwarzkopf Repair Care
Garnier Fructis and Schwarzkopf conditioners
Anyway I decided to prepare for the worst and picked up two Garnier Fructis conditioners for a pound each. The Repair and Shine contains a silicone but it's so far down the ingredients list that I'm not too bothered. I've been quite happy with Garnier Fructis conditioners in the past because they're thick, very conditioning, they smell good (like apples) and provide great slip when detangling. I just wish they came in Tresemme sized bottles so I wouldn't have to travel for half an hour to find them every other week. I also bought a Schwarzkopf Repair & Care Coconut conditioner because the ingredients didn't seem too bad and basically, I'm desperate. The only other Schwarzkopf conditioner I have tried is the Ultimate Volume one and I liked it (although it's not good as a leave in on humid days!). Both the Repair and Care and Ultimate Volume conditioners contain protein which my hair loves. Neither the Garnier nor Schwarzkopf conditioners are runny or watery which makes them a good substitute for Tresemme.

Argan Oil Shampoo
Argan Oil Shampoo
As for the Argan Oil shampoo, I don't know what I was thinking. It just smells nice. I'm highly sceptical about these 'argan oil' products because the beneficial oil tends to be towards the end of ingredients lists, overtaken by things like silicones and other cheaper oils. This in my mind creates a false perception as to the effect argan oil has when many other ingredients in higher quantities are competing with it. Anyways, after my this review and the state that product left my hair in, I knew I needed a serious sulphate laden shampoo and this was the one I picked up.

Adore Darkest Brown
I bought the Adore hair dye in Darkest Brown after reading it's ingredients because they look so much better than regular box dyes. This probably means the dye won't last for very long but I am prepared to deal with that for the health of my hair. Two years ago I bleached it and as it's been growing out I've dyed it to match my roots, lest I walk around looking like I have an ancient, brassy and dodgy ombre going on. Eek.

Kleenex Powder Free Shine Absorbing Sheets
Kleenex Powder Free Shine Absorbing Sheets
Shine control blotting papers are always great to have. I usually use Superdrug's ones (because they're better than Kleenex's) but seeing as these packs were 99p each and much cheaper than Superdrug's (even when on offer), I couldn't pass them by. I really like the packaging and that when you open the lid, a sheet is automatically pulled up for you should you choose to pull the protective backing off the sticker under the lid. This is much better than Superdrug's ones where you have to rip the papers from the small booklet as they often rip in weird ways. 
Creighton's Vanilla and Macadamia Cocoon Shower Gel
Creighton's Vanilla and Macadamia Cocoon Shower Gel
Simply put, this vanilla shower gel just smells fantastic. I want to eat it. It lathers up really well and the scent does last for a while on the skin. I've never used anything from this brand before and the ingredients have much to be desired but... VANILLA. Enough said.

On to what may be the strangest item from my shopping trip, latex gloves. No, I am not going to carry out any impromptu surgical procedures in my kitchen, these are actually for use during hair washing and showering. My nails are useless, they're really thin and peel at the first chance they get which is extremely annoying as you can imagine. I've never had false nails or done anything that could damage them, they just grow like that. What can I say, I'm clearly blessed. I wear the gloves when washing my hair and in the shower purely to protect my nails from water damage and cleansing products which will strip them of what little goodness they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment